Michael was admitted as a Solicitor in Queensland and then practiced in London for two (2) years in high profile libel and matrimonial cases.
Since returning to Brisbane, Michael has practiced for over 25 years, specialising in Family Law and De Facto Relationship Law.
Michael is well recognised and respected as one of Queensland’s leading Family Law Specialists and has extensive experience in complex Family Law matters, including Property Settlement matters and Parenting Arrangements.
Michael has been recognised as one of Australia’s leading Family Lawyers in the independent peer reviewed ‘Best Lawyers‘ listings for 2018, as published in the Australian Financial Review.
Michael has presented many papers on Family Law issues to a wide range of professional and corporate groups at symposiums and workshops. He has presented a regular talkback radio segment and has presented numerous newspaper and journal articles in Family and Relationship Law and has been contacted by national media publications for comment in relation to Family Law issues.
Michael is committed to the refinement and development of Michael Lynch Family Lawyers to continued excellence in Family Law and to continue being one of the most experienced and professional Specialist Family Law Firms in Queensland. In so doing, he also has a commitment to client education with the regular publication of newspaper articles and professional publications, as well as the publication of the book “A Guide to Family Law – everyday answers” and the regular newsletter “The Family Flyer“.
Michael presents over 20 seminar presentations each year.
Professional Legal Qualifications
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Accredited Family Law Specialist by the Queensland Law Society
- Approved Mediator by the Queensland Law Society
- Previously on the Panel of Solicitors for Independent Child Lawyers.
- Member of the Law Society of Queensland
- Member of the Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- Member of the Queensland Family Law Practitioners Association
- Member of various community legal organisations
Michael is able to provide competent advice, negotiate and attend Court (where necessary) in relation to the following areas: