Michael was admitted as a Solicitor in Queensland, and then practiced in London for two (2) years in high profile libel and matrimonial cases. Since returning to Brisbane, Michael has practiced for over 30 years, specialising in Family Law and de facto relationship law.
Michael is well recognised and respected as one of Queensland’s leading Family Law Specialists and has extensive experience in complex Family Law matters, including Property Settlement matters and Parenting Arrangements.
Moreover, Michael has been recognised as one of Australia’s leading Family Lawyers in the independent peer reviewed ‘Best Lawyers‘ listings for 2018, 2019 and 2020, as published in the Australian Financial Review.
Also, Michael has presented many papers on Family Law issues to a wide range of professional and corporate groups at symposiums and workshops. He has presented a regular talkback radio segment and has written numerous newspaper and journal articles in Family and Relationship Law and has been contacted by national media publications for comment in relation to Family Law issues.
Michael is committed to the refinement and development of Michael Lynch Family Lawyers to continued excellence in Family Law. Also for the firm to stay one of the most experienced and professional specialist Family Law firms in Queensland. In so doing, Michael Lynch Family Lawyers is dedicated to educating clients. This is done though the regular publication of newspaper articles, printed and digital company newsletters “Family Flyer”, as well as the book “A Guide to Family Law – everyday answers”.
Professional Legal Qualifications
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Accredited Family Law Specialist by the Queensland Law Society
- Approved Mediator by the Queensland Law Society
- Previously on the Panel of Solicitors for Independent Child Lawyers.
- the Law Society of Queensland
- the Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- the Queensland Family Law Practitioners Association
- various community legal organisations