Family Law Careers
At Michael Lynch Family Lawyers our focus is on staff excellence both for professional staff and support staff.
Since our commencement in 1996, we have grown to be one of the largest specialist Family Law firms in Queensland. Most of our lawyers are accredited Family Law specialists.
Family and de facto Relationship Law is a challenging and rewarding jurisdiction. We are proud to be able to help and support our clients to solve their Family Law problems and move on with their lives.
We encourage all professional staff to achieve specialist Family Law accreditation and, in so doing, to continue to grow a pre-eminent Family Law practice. As a result, this attracts the most talented, prospective employees and offers them support; it also assists them with developing/attaining their best.
Accounts Clerk (Part-time)
Michael Lynch Family Lawyers is a well-established Specialist Family Law firm situated in the Brisbane CBD.
An opportunity now exists for an enthusiastic, organised, reliable and well-presented part-time Accounts Clerk to join our team and assist our Office/Accounts Manager with the daily accounts duties. Legal Trust Account experience is a must.
Applicants for this role will require experience in the following:
- Internet banking
- Daily reconciliation of accounts with bank balance
- Trust and General Payments
- Trust and General Receipts
- Office Journals
- Trust Account transfers
- Compliance with Trust Account Act and regulations including audit requirements
- Production and posting of monthly invoices to clients
- Reconciliation of petty cash
- Experience in Open Practice would be an advantage but is not essential;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- A professional manner and appearance
- Excellent people skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
This is a part-time position in a friendly, supportive environment. Hours are flexible. Could suit someone looking for school hours. Salary is commensurate with age and experience.
Apply in writing to –
The Office Manager
Michael Lynch Family Lawyers
PO Box 12027
GEORGE STREET QLD 4003
Or by email to [email protected]
We are looking for a well-groomed and professional receptionist to join the friendly team in our Brisbane office located in the CBD.
In this role you will represent the firm in a professional and friendly manner. Duties include:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Answering and transferring calls and relaying messages
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail both written and electronic
- Entering Trust receipts
- Entering Invoices
- Marketing assistance to Managing Director of the firm in conjunction with a Marketing Coordinator including mailouts, arranging seminars, assisting with webinars and updating social media platforms
- Basic word processing and office assistant duties when required
- Administration assistance including filing, deliveries, court filing when required
We are looking for a responsible, reliable and motivated receptionist who is experienced in dealing with people in a professional environment. Experience with accounts processing is an advantage. An interest in Marketing and a sound knowledge of Facebook and Instagram is essential.
To be successful in this role you will display well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure. Good typing skills with high accuracy, digital technology knowledge and Microsoft Office skills are also essential technical skills for the role.
The firm offers a professional working environment together with a number of staff benefits. Salary package negotiable depending upon experience and expertise.
To apply for this role please email your cover letter and resume to our office manager, Kelley Neve at Michael Lynch Family Lawyers at [email protected].
Please note – only successful applicants will be contacted.