Tarah is a Director and Accredited Family Law Specialist and has years of dedicated experience within Family Law. She was admitted to practice in 1999 and became accredited as a Family Law Specialist in 2005. Tarah has worked in all aspects of Family Law including practising as a solicitor in the United Kingdom, specialising in child protection and education law.
Tarah has extensive experience in divorce proceedings, property settlement matters, child support, children’s issues, as well as de facto relationship issues. Tarah has volunteered at evening advice sessions for Caxton Legal Centre and received special recognition as having been a volunteer with the Women’s Legal Service for in excess of five years. She continues to assist solicitors from Women’s Legal Service by providing legal advice, guidance and support.
Professional Legal Qualifications
- Accredited Family Law Specialist by the Queensland Law Society
- Bachelor of Laws – Griffith University
- Bachelor of Arts – Griffith University
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – QUT
Tarah has been involved in the ongoing process of continuing legal education by chairing and presenting seminars and workshops organized by the Queensland Law Society, Legalwise and LexisNexis. Seminar topics that Tarah has been invited to present include:
- “Relocation – Latest Cases” presented at the LexisNexis 8th Annual Family Law Summit;
- “A Best Practice Guide to Family Law (Property Focus)” – Queensland Law Society;
- “Legal Support Staff Workshop” – Queensland Law Society;
- “Child Support – The New Scheme 3 months on” – Legalwise;
- “Family Law Update” – Legal Educators and Young Lawyers Conference; and
- “Masterclass – Complex Family Law Orders” – Queensland Law Society.
Tarah is dedicated to assisting clients, and where possible, to resolve matters through alternative dispute resolution. She has completed collaborative law training.
She is passionate about achieving successful outcomes for her clients when Court proceedings are necessary.
- Family Law Practitioners Association (Qld)
- Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- Queensland Collaborative Law
Tarah is able to provide competent advice, negotiate and attend Court (where necessary) in relation to the following areas: