Webinar for Counsellors: “Family Law and Grandparents”
With most families these days having both parents working, grandparents play a big role in the lives of many families. This can take many forms, such as childcare assistance but also financial assistance, such as, loans. So, if a couple separates things can get messy for grandparents as well.
This webinar presentation will consider questions such as;
- Do grandparents have rights to see their grandchildren?
- Can a parent deny a grandparent time?
- Can the Court get involved?
- If money has been given by a grandparent to their child what happens in a property settlement?
- Can grandparents go to mediation?
This informative presentation will provide easy to understand and practical information as to what grandparents can do in this ever-increasing area of the law. This will help you, better help your clients.
WHEN: 1-2pm Wednesday, 21 April 2021. Register now, click here.
Webinar for Counsellors “Family Violence and the Court – an update”
Family Violence is on the increase, the Family Court has taken a lot of steps to deal with it, from new forms, to systems and processes and hopefully better outcomes, it’s important to know what’s going on. This webinar presentation will consider questions such as;
- What is family violence under the Family Law Act?
- How does the Family Court address family violence?
- What are the courts ‘best practice principles’ for assessing risk of family violence?
- What practical steps does the Court take?
- What is the Lighthouse Project?
This informative and engaging presentation will provide you with a practical understanding of what family violence is and how the court is dealing with it. This will better help you, help your clients.
WHEN: 1-2pm Wednesday, 12 May 2021. Register now, click here.
Webinar for Accountants “Family Law property settlements and family companies”
Family companies often hold significant assets therefore they can often raise a lot of challenges in family law property settlements. Whether it is the spouse that controls the company and knows it’s workings intimately or a spouse that has no understanding of the company structure and operations, there is a lot to consider.
This webinar presentation will consider questions such as:
- What are the positions in a company?
- What is ‘control’? and what is a ‘mere puppet’? and does it matter?
- Are company assets excluded from the matrimonial pool?
- What if company assets are being disposed of without agreement?
- How do you get information on a company?
- How do you value a company?
This presentation will provide easy to understand information and practical tips to demystify this area of family law. This understanding will help you better help your clients.
WHEN: 1-2pm, Tuesday, 8 June 2021. Register now, click here.
All our past webinars are available below for your convenience.
To be in-the-know about our webinars and other events and Family Law news, please sign up to our eFlyer; you will receive valuable Family Law reminder emails and registration links closer to webinar dates.
If any of the upcoming or past webinar topics are of interest to you and your staff, our solicitors can also come and present to you at your next professional training event. Please feel free to give us a call (07) 3221 4300 to discuss.