Free Webinar for Public “The Family Law Court Merger Explained”
There has been a lot of news in the media about changes to the Family Court. The laws have been passed and the court merger is to start in September 2021. Find out in this not-to-be-missed short and sharp webinar update. So what’s going on? What will be changing and when?
This timely webinar presentation by Tiela Morrison, solicitor from Michael Lynch Family Lawyers, is sure to get your questions answered.
WHEN: 1-2pm, Tuesday, 3 August 2021. To register, please click here.
Free Webinar for Accountants “Dangers in Divorce – Property Settlements Traps”
This webinar for Accountants provides practical information to help you and your client. The presentation focusses on some of the common issues and frequent traps that come up in divorce property settlements, such as:
• How is superannuation considered?
• Treatment of gifts, loans, lottery wins and inheritances;
• How a Court assesses post separation contributions;
• Special Contributions- does the entrepreneurial spouse receive more?
This presentation will provide easy to understand information and practical tips to demystify this area of family law. This understanding will help you better help your clients.
WHEN: 1-2pm, Tuesday, 17 August 2021. To register, please click here.
Free Webinar for Counsellors “Parenting after Separation and Mediation”
Counsellors are often faced with the challenge of working with people through divorce, and consequently the impact it can have on their children. This webinar will guide you through various situations that your clients may encounter and provide insight and answers into some of the family law challenges. This will help you and your client. This webinar covers such areas as:
- Parenting arrangements post separation.
- The types of agreements parents can have.
- What is family dispute resolution?
- What is a Section 60 I Certificate and why it is important.
- Court proceedings.
- Tips and traps for separated parents.
- Types of mediation and preparing for it.
WHEN: 1-2pm, Tuesday, 24 August 2021. To register, please click here
Free Webinar for Accountants “Determining Percentage Entitlements in Property Settlement”
There is no 50%/50% presumption or (even) starting point when it comes to how property is divided between divorcing couples. The percentage is determined by looking at the “contributions” each party has made. This is an inexact science and will vary for every couple.
This webinar will look at:
– The main categories of contribution and particularly how “financial and non-financial contributions” are treated.
– What is “future needs” and how is it treated?
– The treatment of gifts, inheritances, personal injury payments, redundancy payments and other common questions.
This presentation will provide easy to understand information and practical tips to demystify this area of family law, and will help you better help your clients.
WHEN: 1-2pm, Tuesday, 31 August 2021. To register, please click here.
All our past webinars are available below for your convenience.
To be in-the-know about our webinars and other events and Family Law news, please sign up to our eFlyer; you will receive valuable Family Law reminder emails and registration links closer to webinar dates.
If any of the upcoming or past webinar topics are of interest to you and your staff, our solicitors can also come and present to you at your next professional training event. Please feel free to give us a call (07) 3221 4300 to discuss.