Family companies often hold significant assets therefore they can often raise a lot of challenges in family law property settlements. Whether it is the spouse that controls the company and knows it’s workings intimately or a spouse that has no understanding of the company structure and operations, there is a lot to consider.
This webinar presentation will consider questions such as:
- What are the positions in a company?
- What is ‘control’? and what is a ‘mere puppet’? and does it matter?
- Are company assets excluded from the matrimonial pool?
- What if company assets are being disposed of without agreement?
- How do you get information on a company?
- How do you value a company?
This presentation will provide easy to understand information and practical tips to demystify this area of family law. This understanding will help you better help your clients. A recorded version of the webinar can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/dxqYemCO2Z4