Professional Legal Qualifications
- Accredited Family Law Specialist by the Queensland Law Society
- Bachelor of Laws – James Cook University
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Law Society of Queensland
- Member of the Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- Member of the Queensland Family Law Practitioners Association
Debra is an Accredited Family Law Specialist in Queensland and is admitted to practice as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia.
Debra was admitted to practice as a solicitor in 2003 after completing 2 years of Articles in Rockhampton and completing her law degree at James Cook University in Townsville in 2000.
Debra has a diverse background after having practiced as an Articled Clerk in a regional law firm and as a solicitor in national and mid-tier law firms in Brisbane.
Debra has also presented a Masterclass through the Queensland Law Society on complex family law orders.
Debra is passionate about volunteering and is currently a volunteer at Women’s Legal Service in Brisbane. She has been a volunteer mentor for the Women Lawyers Association of Queensland’s Ladder Program and has previously been a volunteer at the Central Queensland Community Legal Centre.
Debra now practices exclusively as a Family Law Specialist and is experienced with the essential skills and expertise to act in all family law matters including:
- Complex property settlements involving companies and trusts
- Matters involving third parties
- International family law disputes
- De facto relationships
- Financial Agreements
- Parenting matters including relocation matters
- Child Support matters including Child Support Agreements
- Spousal Maintenance
- Domestic Violence
- Surrogacy Matters