Debra is a family law accredited specialist in Queensland, and is admitted to practice as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia. Debra was admitted to practice as a solicitor in 2003 after completing 2 years of Articles in Rockhampton and completing her Law Degree at James Cook University in Townsville in 2000.
Debra has a diverse background after having practiced as an Articled Clerk in a regional law firm and as a solicitor in national mid-tier law firms in Brisbane.
Debra has also presented a masterclass through the Queensland Law Society on complex family law orders.
Debra is passionate about volunteering and is currently a volunteer at Women’s Legal Service in Brisbane. She has been a volunteer mentor for the Women Lawyers Association of Queensland’s Ladder Program, and has previously been a volunteer at the Central Queensland Community Legal Centre.
In 2012, Debra also completed her collaborative law training and is able to assist clients through the collaborative process.
Professional Legal Qualifications
- Accredited Family Law Specialist by the Queensland Law Society
- Bachelor of Laws – James Cook University
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Law Society of Queensland
- Member of the Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- Member of the Queensland Family Law Practitioners Association
- Member of the Queensland Association of Collaborative Practitioners
Debra now practices exclusively as a Family Law Specialist and is experienced with the essential skills and expertise to act in all family law matters including:
What Debra’s clients say:
“My initial appointment with Debra was both informative and supportive. I will absolutely be in touch should my situation change and thank you in this regard for the professionalism and advice.” – I.S., Graceville
“Thank you for your counsel over the last few years. We couldn’t have gotten through this without you”. – D.R., Ashgrove