Beware technology – are you being followed?
The account holder of a smartphone is able to access a lot of information from the metadata on the smartphone. This can include current location, caller details, internet history and possibly email communication and account details.
People who have separated should seriously consider:
- Checking who owns the phone account.
- Removing any other ID access from the device they use.
- Using a separate computer which has been checked for key logging software.
- Having emails sent somewhere secure.
- If you are continuing to use the smartphone device, disable the location services.
- Getting a new computer and/or smartphone
- Changing passwords.
Taking these steps becomes a very real and important consideration for spouses that have separated, especially if domestic violence and stalking is also an issue. If you have any such concerns we would recommend a personal consultation with a technical expert to ensure that all possibilities are addressed.