Accountants Webinar – Can a Trust be Included in a Divorce
It is a myth that assets of a Discretionary Trust will be protected in the event that a Trustee or beneficiary separates from their spouse. In this presentation for Accountants we cover important questions such as:
- What is a Discretionary Trust?
- How does the Court divide property when parties separate – the 4 step process?
- When will a Trust be considered to be ‘property’?
- What powers do the Family Law Courts have when dealing with Trusts?
- What, if anything, can be done to remove a Trust from the Court’s reach?
Listen and watch full presentation with PowerPoint slides here.